May Prayer Requests
May 3, 2023
Thank you so much for your continued support of Streams and keeping us in your prayers. We could not do what we do without the support of individuals and churches like you. As we enter into May, please join us in lifting the following requests to our Heavenly Father:
- Food Center: We have continued to see an increase in the number of families needing food and a decrease in donations. Pray for continued provision from the Lord and that he will provide the necessary resources for us to continue providing food for our community.
- SWAG: In April SWAG enjoyed a conversion with speakers from Family Outreach on mental health. In May students will be talking about building self-esteem and positive thinking and will have a chance to take some film and media lessons from GRTV. Continued prayers for both students and leaders to build good relationships. Prayers for wisdom as plans are made for summer.
- Tutoring: We are grateful for our amazing tutors and for continued growth in this program. Pray for wisdom as plans are made for tutoring over the summer. There are many students with struggles outside of their control, that are working hard to catch up. Pray that they will feel supported, loved and encouraged by the tutors and know that they are uniquely created by God.
- GEMS Girls’ Club: GEMS continues to go well with many girls attending each week. We praise God for providing more volunteers to help out on Tuesdays. Pray for the girls, that they will feel loved and encouraged at GEMS and leave knowing that they are important and loved by God.
- Community Garden: With the arrival of Spring we are excited for the Community Garden to start back up. Pray that God will nourish the soil to produce a harvest. Pray also that the garden would be a place of community that produces seeds of hope for those who are in need.
- God continues to work through Streams and grow our programs. However, this year has included challenges, including a decrease in donations. So we need your help! Please pray for God to move the hearts of churches and individuals to financially donate to Streams so that we can continue serving our community.
- Donations: As mentioned above we are grateful for the work God is doing and pray for continued financial support for our programs. If you or your church feel called to help out by giving financially please go to https://streamsgr.org/donate/ to learn how.
- Food Drive: We have seen a recent increase in the number of families needing food and a decrease in food donations. If your church would be willing to do a food drive to help fill the gap in our food resources please contact email@example.com for a list of items needed.
- Tutors: We have seen an increase in the number of students in our tutoring program, and now have a waiting list. We are in need of certified teachers to be tutors. Tutors need to have had a teaching certification at some point, but it does not need to be valid. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.