June Prayer Newsletter
June 2, 2023
With preparations for summer programming underway, we are grateful for God’s faithfulness in every season. Join us in bringing the following requests to our Heavenly Father this month:
- Food Center: We continue to see an increase in the number of families needing food and a decrease in donations. Pray for continued provision from the Lord and that he will provide the necessary resources for us to continue providing food for our community.
- Tutoring: We are grateful for another great school year with students and toward summer tutoring. Continued prayers for students and tutors over the summer. Pray that students will continue to grow in their confidence and abilities.
- GEMS Girls’ Club: We praise God for his faithfulness and for a good finish to GEMS for the school year. We had a great time getting to know the girls and look forward to starting back up in the fall. Pray for the girls to have a safe and fun summer.
- Community Garden: With the arrival of warm weather, we are excited for the community garden to be up and running. Many neighbors have already begun tending their plots. Pray that God will nourish the soil to produce a harvest. Pray also that the garden would be a place of community and fellowship.
- Thrive: We are excited to announce the launch of Thrive, beginning on June 7. This program is designed to empower adults and guide them towards financial stability. Each week participants will meet for a meal, training, and time spent with mentors. Prayers that this program starts off strong, that participants feel comfortable, and develop trust amongst one another. Pray for continued provision and wisdom for the leaders.
- Golf Outing: We are excited for our annual golf outing on June 5th. Pray for the outing to be successful, for safety for all involved and for good weather for the event.
- Thank you! We bring praise and thanksgiving to our Heavenly Father for you, and the many other churches and individuals who give of their time and resources to support Streams. Thank you for your generosity and we pray that God will continue to bless our partnership.
- We are continually grateful for all of the staff, volunteers and board members that work hard to keep Streams programs running smoothly. We praise God for their dedication and pray that he would continue to sustain them with strength and bless their work.
- Freezer Meals: Many of our programs include meals for participants. With rising food costs, it has become more difficult for us to provide these meals. Therefore, we are excited to announce a new opportunity to provide freezer meals for Streams. We have created a recipe book with instructions and meals that freeze well. We hope that this provides an easy avenue for people to get involved, by making meals and dropping them off at Streams. Having a stock of donated freezer meals allows us to continue providing meals during our programs. Please take a minute to prayerfully consider this opportunity. Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Donations: We continue to praise God for the work he is doing at Streams and pray for sustained financial support for our programs. If you or your church feel called to help out by giving financially please go to https://streamsgr.org/donate/ to learn how.
- Food Drive: With a sustained decrease in donations, we continue to have a need for food. If your church would be willing to do a food drive to help fill the gap in our food resources please contact email@example.com for a list of items needed.