August Prayer Newsletter
August 1, 2023
It has been an exciting and busy summer here at Streams. We remain grateful for the work God is doing in our community. As we enter August, please join us in lifting the following requests to our Heavenly Father:
- Food Center: We continue to see over 510 families in our food center each month. We thank God for providing the food we need. Pray for God’s continued provision and for each family that walks through our doors. Pray also for God to provide the volunteers necessary to run the Food Center.
- Tutoring: Students continue to learn a lot during summer tutoring sessions. We thank God for the tutors and their commitment to the students. Pray for students and tutors as they finish their summer sessions.
- SWAG: SWAG students continue to enjoy meeting. This summer they have been a huge help in setting up and tearing down our summer camp for elementary students each week. Pray for students to enjoy their time together, and to build good relationships with one another.
- Summer Camp: We are now half way through our summer camp for elementary students. We praise God for the volunteers, organizations and churches who have helped us make each night possible. Pray for the remaining three weeks to go well. Pray for students to stay safe and have fun.
- Playground: This week, we are thrilled to have a playground built at Streams, thanks to a generous grant from Amway and Kaboom! Over 130 volunteers will be on campus to help build the playground. We are so excited for this addition to the Streams community, and we ask for prayers. Pray for safety for everyone involved in the build. Pray for the children in our community who will enjoy this playground.
- God continues to do amazing things at Streams. We praise him for the way he leads us as we continue to grow. With growth comes continued expenses, so we persistently pray for God’s provision. Join us in praying for the financial resources we need to continue our programming.
- Food Center Volunteers: We are in great need of two volunteers to help out in our Food Center; one on Tuesday evenings and one on Thursday evenings from 5:40-8:00 pm. These individuals would have the chance to shop with clients and help them navigate our Food Center. Go to https://streamsgr.org/volunteer/ to fill out a volunteer form or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.