April Prayer Requests
April 3, 2023
With the signs of Spring slowly arriving, we are excited to continue with current programming and begin planning for summer. As always we are so grateful for your continued support and partnership with Streams. As we move into April, join us in bringing the following requests before our Heavenly Father:
- Food Center: As expected we have seen an increase in the number of families served at the Food Center since the reduction in SNAP benefits. Pray that God will provide the necessary resources, and that we will get enough donations to feed the additional families that come through our doors.
- SWAG: In April, SWAG will continue to focus on mental health awareness as well as a few other topics. They will have guest speakers from a variety of organizations discussing topics that directly impact students today. We praise God for continued growth in the program, as they have been averaging around 30 students. Pray for students to have an open mind and be receptive to the conversations that take place. Pray for continued guidance and wisdom for leaders of the program.
- Tutoring: We continue to be grateful for growth in our tutoring program and for the continued dedication of our tutors that give of their time. Prayers for wisdom as decisions are made about summer tutoring options. Pray for more tutors to join us so that we can help out more students.
- GEMS Girls’ Club: We continue to praise God for his faithfulness as we have more girls joining each week. Pray for relationships between the leaders and girls and for the girls to feel the love of Jesus each time they come. Pray for wisdom as we contemplate the best ways to adapt to our larger numbers.
- God is faithful and we are so grateful for all those who financially support Streams. Prayers for God to continue blessing us financially so we can continue offering our many programs. Continued prayers for us to receive the funds to pay off the remaining debt on the new building.
- Food Drive: We have seen a recent increase in the number of families needing food and a decrease in food donations. If your church would be willing to do a food drive to help fill the gap in our food resources please contact email@example.com for a list of items needed.
- Diaper Drive: Many of the families who come to the food center have young children and are in need of diapers and wipes. If your church would be willing to host a diaper and wipe drive please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tutors: We have seen an increase in the number of students in our tutoring program, and now have a waiting list. We are in need of certified teachers to be tutors. Tutors need to have had a teaching certification at some point, but it does not need to be valid. For more information contact email@example.com.