September Prayer Newsletter
September 6, 2023
With the change of seasons, we are excited for our fall programs to start back up. As we enter September, please join us in lifting the following requests to our Heavenly Father:
- Food Center: Our food center continues to remain busy as we see over 550 families each month. Pray for God to continue to provide the food and volunteers necessary to serve our community. Pray for each family that walks in our doors.
- Tutoring: With students back in school, our tutors get a break in the month of September before we restart in October. Pray for students to transition well into their fall schedule. We praise God for the dedication of our tutors. Pray for them to have a good September and be refreshed for another school year of tutoring.
- SWAG: In the next few months our middle and high school students are focusing on self-identity. Students are also looking forward to baking lessons, film and media lessons and a few field trips. Pray for students to be engaged and build positive relationships.
- GEMS: We look forward to our GEMS’ Girls’ Club starting back up at the end of the month. As we continue planning, pray for our leaders and volunteers. Pray for each girl that signs up and for the program to continue to grow.
- Thrive: We look forward to the start of a new session of Thrive, starting on September 20, 2023. Pray for many new participants and for each individual to grow and be empowered to manage their finances.
- We praise God for the things he is doing at Streams and in our community. As we enter into another school year we pray for his continued provision. Pray for us to receive the financial resources we need to continue our programs. Pray for God to move in the hearts of organizations, churches and individuals, encouraging them to support the work of Streams.
- Food Center Volunteer: As we see a greater number of families in the food center we need volunteers. We need a few volunteers to help out with registration on Thursday evenings from 5:40-8:00 pm. These individuals would assist with checking in clients and need to be comfortable on the computer. Interested? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Childcare Volunteers: Our Thrive financial empowerment program for adults includes childcare. We are in need of individuals to watch kids on Wednesdays from 6:00-8:00 pm. This could be a great opportunity for a family to do together. Contact email@example.com for more information.